Motor Vehicle Accident FAQs

No. In a majority of cases, claims may be resolved without having to file a lawsuit. Whether or not you have to file a lawsuit depends on your individual case. We never file a lawsuit without the knowledge and consent of our client.

Consultations are always FREE and 100% confidential.

For personal injury cases, we charge Attorney's fees based on a percentage of the gross amount recovered on your behalf. Our costs are also charged out of the gross amount recovered. If you don't get compensated, we don't get paid.

Yes. If the other person is at fault and they have insurance, you are entitled to a rental car if your car will require a certain number of days to repair. We can help you through this process.

Make sure to:

  • Call the Police (Dial 911);
  • Seek immediate medical treatment if you are injured;
  • Obtain the other driver's name and contact information;
  • Take pictures and video of the damage to both vehicles and of the accident scene;
  • Get the name of the other driver's insurance company and policy number;
  • Get the item number of the police report and the identity of the police who respond (State Trooper, Parish Sheriff, City police);
  • Get the contact information of any witnesses; and
  • Take pictures of your injuries.

We can help you with your car wreck case, from start to finish.

Call us today at (985) 590-6182 and speak directly with an Attorney. We can evaluate your case and let you know if you have a claim.

Speak with an attorney, every time. Our clients know what's going on in their case, from start to finish. Our clients are given the respect and dignity they deserve. Competence, Diligence, Communication, Professionalism.

In Louisiana, an individual has one (1) year from the date of injury or damage within which to file suit against the responsible parties in a personal injury case. If a claim is not fully resolved before that time, a lawsuit must be filed in order to preserve the claims of the injured party.

We do not recommend that our clients speak directly with the adjuster for the other party's insurance company following an accident. Insurance adjusters are typically trained to ask you questions which the insurance company may use against you later.

The other person's insurance company is not obligated to pay your medical bills directly to the provider. However, the bill is part of your claim against them moving forward. If you have a maritime case, your employer may be responsible for paying your ongoing medical bills.

Your lost wages, time you miss to go to the doctor, and inability to continue working form part of your claim against the at-fault party. It is important to document any time you miss from work. While we can't control your employer's actions, we can provide them with information from your doctor concerning your limitations. If you have short term or long term disability insurance, we can help you navigate through the process of filing a claim. Each person's situation is unique. We can help you through this process.

Not necessarily. Even if you file a lawsuit, the other party may still settle with you at any time during the process, without the need for a trial. However, when we file a lawsuit, we prepare for trial.